Thoughts from HEART's Director
As I look back at 2018,
I’m amazed to see how God has used HEART and its volunteers to help so many people locally and nationally. We’re well on our way into 2019 and, through God’s continued blessing, HEART is already making an amazing impact! Just see below:
- Two semi loads of building materials have gone to Lumberton, NC and two to Vidor, TX. That means 37 semi loads have shipped to Texas since Hurricane Harvey hit in 2017. And then, starting in March, we will have 10 more retail partners providing donations. This all means that we need more volunteers to make this part of the ministry work! So, you are officially invited to join us at the warehouse to help sort and prepare these donations for distribution!
- Our monthly Community Giveaway Nights in Shakopee have been a huge success! Every third Tuesday HEART hosts about 250 preselected people who are able to pick up essentials in order to help make ends meet (paper products, home goods, etc). This effort allows us to unify with other like-minded organizations and to multiply God’s impact. We are looking to open the warehouse doors twice a month starting in April so we can make an even bigger impact. Learn how you can get involved.
- During the Christmas season we provided nearly 1,000 people with presents (toys, home goods, clothing) at our warehouse. We also provided toys to other ministries for distribution to another 300-500 people. Through our partnership with Ally Force, 30 hams and 150 presents were given to the Minneapolis Police Department who were then able to assist families in the North Minneapolis community. Also, read Brian's story below about the very special outreach that happened on Christmas Eve.
- Our outreach season kicks off in April with a men’s luncheon at BereanBaptist Church. The same weekend we will be cooking for first responders and police that will be working the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament being held in Minneapolis. Watch for details on these and more special events on Facebook.
- A huge “THANK YOU” for your generosity during our freezer fundraiser! HEART raised over $20,000 and we will be able to purchase a new walk in freezer. This will allow us to bring the 35 plus pallets of food we have stored offsite in-house enabling HEART to distribute more food to our numerous ministry partners and local families in need. We’ve created a new Partnership Development team! These team members are reaching out to companies and businesses for in-kind and financial donations. Please let us know if you’d like to join this amazing group of people!We also have several Impact Trips planned (see further down in newsletter or check them out here). I am looking forward to seeing what GOD has in store for HEART in 2019!
Yours in Christ, Tony
P.S. You may have noticed that HEART got a new logo and look! For the next few months you'll continue to see our old logo as we transition to the new one.